Monday, May 13, 2019

My Rock polishing Adventure

Today I am going to tell you about how I polished my rocks. I do not have any photos in the process of doing it but I think these photos are very interesting I hope you will like them. It took a whole month to do this process and we had to put four different kinds of grit in to clean them. But when they came out all finished they where smooth and shiny.
Polishing the rocks is hard on them. When the rocks came out of the rock polisher there were quite a few pieces that had broken off the rocks. One of the rocks went into the rock tumbler about the size of a penny and came out smaller than a dime.





Each time we rinsed the tumbler out to put new grit in. The water was gross with the dirt off the rocks. And each time we changed out the grit, the lid was a mess. During the process the lid came off and rocks fell out all over the ground. But all- in- all it is worth it, the rocks came out shinny and smooth after running 24-hours a day and 7-days a week for a month.

 
These are not the rocks I polished but they are some rocks that are not polished so I hope they give you an idea what they looked like before polishing.    





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...