Monday, February 10, 2014

Setting up the Habitat



I rescued a ladybug, that had come in our home. I caught the ladybug in my bug catcher, but it was way to cold to release the ladybug.

I made a habitat for it. If you find a ladybug, and want to make one here is the website I found the instructions at http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Care-of-Your-Own-Ladybug . I found a container and put all the suggested things that were on the website, in it. You will need to feed it every day, or when the food runs out. You will also need to change out anything that is wilted, like leaves or lettuce (which is one of the suggested foods.) Once a week you will probably have to take everything out and wash the container, because well…..the poop will build up (yes I said it POOP!)  for all of you that didn’t know small creatures pooped (because there was a time in my life that I thought that) they do poop. When you wash the container out have a small jar or something to put the ladybug in. Always put a piece of fabric on the top of the container with a rubber band around it (because there are tiny holes in the fabric that the human eye can not see, but it lets enough air in so the bug can breath, but it can’t get out)

The ladybug is doing very good. I think he/she likes its new habitat. My brother has already named it ….Turbo.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...