Friday, May 10, 2013

My Butterfly Journal...(stage two)

            When I last left off the caterpillars were very small and they ate so much they got big over the time of about a week. Now let me share with you what happed next.

            Once they where nice and fat they finally hung there chrysalides* on a special paper under the lid of the container. The whole process from start to finish took about two weeks. It took two days for all five of them to go into their chrysalides*. Two of the caterpillars wrapped themselves up in their cocoon the first day and the other three cocooned over night and throughout the next day.

After all the caterpillars were snug in there new homes, I taped them (and pined to make sure they wouldn’t fall down) to the side of the cage. Now the hardest part comes waiting……..


     
  I hope you will follow along as I raise my five beautiful butterflies. I will be adding more posts soon.  




*(Chrysalides is the same as cocoons)*






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...