Monday, June 1, 2020

Dog Stairs or Ramp? Why and What I Got.

Does my dog need help up on the bed? Do I need a ramp or stairs?  I have a wiener dog, I got steps for her. They help her to get up on my high bed. I don't like her jumping and she loves to get up and snuggle in. If you have any small, injured or elderly dog it is a good idea not to have them jumping. You might want to get a ramp or stairs to assist them. But what do you get? A ramp or stairs? Well.... I got stairs, it is optimally up to you but here are my thoughts on it.

   If your dog has had a prior injury or elderly I would go with a ramp. If you live in a one-level home and the dog has never experienced stairs I would lean towards a ramp, it could be less daunting for the dog. If your dog is perfectly mobile and had experienced stairs I would lean toward stairs.

   If you have a dachshund many people say stairs are bad they should not go up and downstairs at all. We have stairs in our house. I'm not going to be able to stop her from going up and down.  Personally, I don't think stairs are that big of a deal. I worry more about her whipping around corners. But just like a person, you can only protect them so much. And their dogs they don't understand. There will probably be a little training with whatever you go with. I went with the stairs because we already have stairs in our house, and it is much better for her than jumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...